Friday, November 18, 2011

What Will the Narrator Say?


As the story of my life
unfolds today, what will the narrator
have to say? Will I be
the chatty "regular" - friendly with the
barista and excited about Christmas Blend?
Will my phone voice be kind -
patient with each caller, eager to
help, meeting each of their needs?
Faced with each file, data point
and calculation, will I be attentive?
Genuinely friendly? Truly kind? Thoroughly attentive?


And what voice will the narrator
take? That of outside observer, or
one who knows my inner life?
And how much of my story
would differ if we switched narrators?
Sure, there are days when I
simply act friendly or kind and
halfheartedly plow through a day's work.
Cause that's all I can muster.


But my hope is that my
journey becomes more and more authentic
with each new day. That what
I show to others is a
reflection of what's really in my
heart and actually on my mind.


Because, to me, that would make
out of any ordinary, regular ol'
day a story that's worth telling.

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post! Happy Friday, I hope today is a great day for you and that you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i see your face, i see a very kind soul!! what a beautiful story!! have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this my friend! :) I wrote about our daily story we're "writing" also. We are on the same wave length today!
    I love how you stress being authentic. It's one of my favorite words!
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to hear your phone voice. I'm sure it is kind! Ah!!! Bills, I have to get to that today, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these words..... That what
    I show to others is a
    reflection of what's really in my
    heart and actually on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the perspective of the narrator and the accompanying image. I think it's definitely a story worth telling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I need a narrator to reframe things for me, to help me put a more productive spin on what I'm seeing. :) But authentic and kind, these are the words I hope my story will call to mind.

    ReplyDelete