Monday, December 10, 2012

Gift



When the night is
silent,
holy...
when the lights are bright...
when the house is sleeping.
Tender moments cradling a swaddled babe
or glorious moments gazing upon a star lit sky.
Calm.
We catch our breath and allow God's gifts that surround us to
coat us,
soothe us,
soften us,
calm us.

Yet it is the gift within.
His very spirit
that fills me
guides me
dwells
promises
hears me
moves me
His spirit
that brings calm when storms rage...
when nights are restless
when good seems absent
when darkness looms
when nightmares wake us
when babes are screeching
and skies are cloudy...

That we can find calm
stay calm
even dare to hope for a calm, a peace that passes understanding...
That is His gift.
His power
His grace and his love for us
this day and always.



Linking up with Bigger Picture Blogs
for 'Twas the Write Before Christmas

7 comments:

  1. This is exquisite and filled with such wonderful light.

    Thank you for sharing this!

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your words and those pictures are just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh the glow!! the soft beauty in this image, matches the soft beauty of your words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these pictures of the church are AMAZING. I bet the pastor would LOOOOOVE them. Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete