Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Too Early?


"On the Seventh day of Christmas
my true love gave to me
Seven Swans a Swimming"
and
One Swan a Standing


I know.
No one wants Christmas Carols yet.
Still 86 days until the big day.
But every time I see this swan family,
I think...
I want to get a photo of seven-swans-a-swimming.
But there are eight of them!
Such a conundrum.
Do I leave one out of the family photo?
Or just give up on the lyrics that pop into my head every time I see them?
I know.
Try and contain yourself.
My mental gymnastics are so. very. interesting.
Not.
Anyhow...
This weekend it happened!
The perfect shot!
Honestly, it's my favorite new shot of "my" large swan family.
And, not only are they all in the shot
but
{and here's what pushes my happy button}
only seven of them are swimming!

Enjoy all those shopping days left until the holidays!



Joining Kathy for
Song-ography


8 comments:

  1. NEVER too early! haha. Hey, ya gotta take advantage of a situation when you get it. Great shot! And being the moms that we are, we both know we HATE to leave any family member out of the picture :) Thanks for sharing at Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect - I totally understand your mental gymnastics because my mind tends to flip and flop in the same way at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I try not to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I love the swan family, great shot. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe.....i get it, i really get it!! i hum tunes all the time when i am taking pictures. now how about that, they must have heard you ;))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. That means fewer to Chanukah!! I am so ready for the warm cheery holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! And now that tune is in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I was starting to think maybe you had taken leave of your senses. Christmas?!? Sure, the local Walmart got busted for a premature wreath and Kroger snuck a couple snowmen among the pumpkins (thought we wouldn't notice ... seriously). But ho..ho..hold on.

    Beautiful capture - gorgeous animals (not as friendly as the fairy tales, but still).

    ReplyDelete