Thursday, November 1, 2012

Stormy



The city skyline appeared
in my rear view mirror
illuminated
standing firm
storm clouds parting
giving way to a few minutes of late afternoon
sun
and blue skies.

There it was...
the calm after the storm...
in plain view.
in my rear view.
When the winds are blowing us, pulling/pushing us in
many directions at once...
When the barometric pressure closes in and robs
us of all energy...
When the elements beat down, stinging us, blinding us
and scarring us...
When the floods of sorrow, fear, loss, loneliness or
anger threaten to drown us...
we forget
we struggle to remember
we fight to believe
in the return of that clear blue.

My today was stormy.
Not the outdoor-hurricane-thunder and lightening stormy.
But the inside-my-head-and-heart kind of stormy.
And somehow
seeing that clear light break over the city
reminded me
that if clear skies can find their way back after Sandy's wrath,
then light
will surely find its way back
to me as well.







The word for Six Word Friday (11/02/12) is
QUESTION.
{what Questions are you asking? being asked? Do you question your choice - second guess yourself? The question is....}
Link up here!

9 comments:

  1. Hoping your personal storm clouds will clear quickly, Adrienne! Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, you captured me here with your words. Oh, yes. Yes. It can clear, indeed. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo. I love your writing. It always touches me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words!!! Praying for your heart, and peace :) xoxo.

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the light finds you and lifts you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you some light tonight... beautiful post, as always. Love that skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One benefit of age is gaining the perspective that the stormy days will give way to that light. Hope you find comfort in your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One benefit of age is gaining the perspective that the stormy days will give way to that light. Hope you find comfort in your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!
    Excellent photo and your words are so fitting (for me, right now).

    ReplyDelete