Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Moment Captured


For several months my dining room was "wedding central" ~ it housed everything from all the glassware and candles to our craft projects to the clothes and shoes of the bride herself.

The week before the wedding I paused to gaze at her dress, and noticed that it was hanging in front of a favorite watercolor. Years ago, before my wedding, I commissioned a local artist to paint the church where I would be married....even the clock in the painting is "set" to the time of our ceremony.

As I looked at my daughter's dress hanging in front of my wedding chapel, I was struck by how full the years between that chapel and her dress have been. Full of blessings. Rich in love. Abundant in adventure. Seasoned with challenges. I loved that quiet moment ~ taking it all in, happily nostalgic.

Don't you love that a quick trip into the next room to find the camera, and a moment like this can be captured for all time? Maybe some day another dress will be hanging in front of this photo.....

13 comments:

Debbie said...

gorgeous!! what a moment!!

Barbara said...

What a precious moment! I love the story behind the painting and how beautiful the dress looks in front of it!

Heidi said...

Love love love this, Adrienne.

Melissa said...

Beautiful.

em said...

Gorgeous photo! Such a great memory to have!

Nessa said...

Made me cry! Gorgeous

Amanda said...

so cool! i love the hanger that says "bride" on it :)

Girl Parker said...

Well said. I love that feeling of capturing a moment. Beautiful shot!

Kristi said...

So beautiful and heart touching!! This is truly a photo that tells a story. Love it!! :)

Dianna said...

That is a magical photo. I love how you reflect on all the wonderful things that have happened since your wedding.

Sheila said...

I've just popped over from 'black & white Wednesday'. What a beautiful photo leaving you with a beauitful memory. Such a nice post.

Pieces of Sunshine said...

A moment well worth capturing to remember. Love the coat hanger too.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a magical moment!