Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Slice of History


"A man is a bundle of relations, a knot of roots,
whose flower and fruitage is the world."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday we toured the Harriton House ~ an historic mansion located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. This house sits atop a hill about fifteen minutes from my childhood home.
As we strolled, talked and learned, I was reminded of how powerfully we
are connected to the people
and the places that make up our personal
and collective histories.

Enjoy the tour!









6 comments:

  1. Hey...you are in my stomping grounds :). I need to check out this mansion. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, I love this! Your photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks like a wonderful tour. Was the kitchen in the basement... I can almost smell that delightful "old house smell"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great place to visit! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these type of museums. History is such a great perspective-granting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrienne, I love this... I feel like I was there with you. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete