Sunday, July 8, 2012

Symphony in Green

"The world is full of magic things,
patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
W.B. Yeats

As the summer days have grown hotter and more humid,
all that grows around the pond has become dense, rich, full
and {oh} so green.
I'm sure that green has been as luscious
every summer of my life.
But I can't remember ever loving all the many shades
and buds and leaves and blades of grass 
as fully as I do this summer. 

As I went "hunting" this week, here's what I found in the greenery
along the path
around the pond.

Patriotic color greeted me on the grassy hill at the beginning of the trail.

This is the View from Above this leafy plant that hugged the ground. 

The lily pads created a beautiful Mosaic on the pond's surface.

This Tiny vine delicately wound itself around this delicate stem.

The leaves turn Vibrant under the bright summer sun.



Linking up with Tabitha for Sunday Citar.
And with Ashley's friend Sarah for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely set. The Lilly pads are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I agree with Michelle....the lily pads creat a beautiful mosaic on the pond! Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mosaic!! Your photography is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lOve your opening quote. Mosaic and vibrant were my favorite pictures! Looks like a beautiful path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second shot reminds me of white fireworks. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of the vine going up the stem. There is just something so delicate and beautiful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Lilly pads...gorgeous pictures. You are seeing things with an open mind and an open heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are dazzling! So lovely. I have got to take a walk with you sometime. You stumble upon the very best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These are gorgeous, but something about that last one draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos, Adrienne! The colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete