Thursday, February 21, 2013

Six Word Fridays: Hand



I settled easily into his familiar
arms. My little girl hands - eager
to find their way into his -
knew every wrinkle, knuckle and spot.
As he gently lifted my tiny
fingers to clip each tiny nail,
he told stories. Told me about
my daddy and his boyhood dog.
Told my about his shop and
told me about baseball. As I
grew, there was less telling, more 
asking. I got to tell my
stories. Every visit, as long as 
he was able, I'd find those 
clippers and wiggle my way on 
to his lap - it was our
time. My young hands in his.
My heart knit to his. Forever.



My Memory Art



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the reflection on what was shared in this special time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the reflection on what was shared in this special time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture....and the memories shared!

    YAY! My first time participating!

    Dianna
    www.thesedaysofmine.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful memory and the photo relates the bond well.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. WonderfUl, sweet memory. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, my kids run screaming from the clippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and so very special, in every way!!

    love the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Makes me sad...missing my dad. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful memory, Adrienne. Glad you kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful reflection of heart and soul and spirit ~ thank you sincerely.

    ReplyDelete