Sunday, April 20, 2014

hello darkness, my old friend....


i've come to talk with you again


because a vision softly creeping


 left its seeds while i was sleeping


and the vision that was planted in my brain
still remains


within the sounds of silence
Simon & Garfunkel



My two guys,
stood on the porch as the sun set.
I wandered in silence,
to capture a few new buds
in the golden light
before darkness fell.
There was traffic out front,
some chirping birds
and a neighbor's music floating on the breeze.
But I was lost in silence.
The silence that comes when I'm 
alone with my thoughts.
Focused.
Sounds and time just seem to fade away.

As I climbed up the stairs to the back deck,
I heard easy conversation flowing between 
father and son.
Such a simple thing.
Such a sweet sound to break my silence.
It wasn't hard to stand in this moment
and know that it far exceeded
any vision ever planted in my brain
while day dreaming or night dreaming.

Having grown up kids is wonderful.


 Linking up with Song-ography and Simple Things Sunday

16 comments:

  1. Beautifully stated and illustrated. It is so rewarding to stumble upon a casual conversation between father and child - sometimes we forget how amazing the simple act of nurturing truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous are these!! Have a blessed Easter and a wonderful Marathon Monday! Are you coming into town to watch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter, Adrienne. For some reason, your post brought a few tears to my eyes. Well, guess I can see more clearly now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartfelt post :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh...Happy Easter. I am missing my son so much today..beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos for the song lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I love how in it all you were just observing and taking it all in. I think it is a gift to be able to observe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a GREAT post!!!
    I really enjoyed your words - so nice - and the photos are great - but the zinger at the end was something I could have said myself

    "Having grown up kids is wonderful."

    I agree. and so amen to that.
    :)
    have a nice day.
    ~yvette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so right about the silence and the beauty.
    Such wonderful moments . Both that came to light.

    I love what you did with this song also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your entries are always little works of art!! This one is exceptionally beautiful and thoughtful!!

    I hope your weekend was joy filled!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous light and silhouettes! I hope to be able to have easy heartfelt conversations with my sons one day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to be so late in visiting. Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS silhouettes. I really like the contrast of the light/dark. Perfect for "Sounds of Silence". Thank you for joining in at Song-ography, and I hope you had a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete