Sunday, November 2, 2014

Falling Into Winter


The heat went on early this morning. We awoke to the pattering of rain and the blustering of wind, limbs and leaves. As the morning continued, the temperatures dropped and we saw the first snowfall of the season. I believe the weatherman would call it a "wintry mix" .... I just kept thinking, "Is this a trick or a treat?"


Grabbing my camera, I cracked the windows, opened the doors...even stepped out on the stoop for a few minutes. I felt like a kid in a candy store ~ new and pretty things to see every where I looked.


The small evergreen in our back yard had, I guess, tried to dress up as a deciduous tree for Halloween. The leaves he'd caught for his costume were quickly blowing away...and I imagine he was pleased to get back to acting like the sturdy tree that he is. This sudden climate change is no challenge for him!


I do love it when winter pushes her way onto the scene early and begins to strut her stuff with all the glorious fall colors for a back drop. It's a mis-match made in heaven!


The ground caught no fallen snow today....just piles and piles of wet, fallen leaves. It was a perfect day for blankets, hot tea, cooking and gazing lazily out the window. Welcome November.




Linking up with

6 comments:

  1. I was so not expecting this today! A friend texted something about perfect for a snowy day, and while laying on my back on the couch I arched towards the window and shouted "snow" with in 2 minutes we were outside in shorts and our hoodies standing in it haha! It sure got cold and raw though - chucks were replaced with my uggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh this is a treat for sure!! I love to stay home, bunker down and get the crock pot going!! I can't wait for our first snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are all great. I love the first one and the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous. I love snow. I love it because it is so rare in NC. We get ICE. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You presented the prompts in a delightful way. Wow snow already...I'm hoping it holds off here for much longer (so not a winter fan). Loved the last shot of the wet leaves. We've had lots of rain lately though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love winter, it's my favorite season. And yes, most people think I am a nut. Oh well, I am okay with that. :=D

    ReplyDelete