Monday, November 23, 2015

The Peace of Wild Things

A good friend from days gone by
sent me a poem via FB messenger this morning.
You know,
there's nothing random about kindness ~
about thoughtfulness
or compassion.
I believe that when we give these pieces of ourselves ~
when we pour out our lives in the
consideration and care of those around us
{or those an ocean away!}
it matters.
It chips away at the darkness that can, at times,
seem to have a bolder, louder voice.
But no understanding gesture,
no matter how 'small,'
is ever without influence.
A moment can change,
some one's countenance can change,
a day - even a life - can change...

 ....or a friend can find the words to express what a fun afternoon walk
with a puppy really meant to her.
{Thanks Gillian}




The Peace of Wild Things


When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,


I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.


I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.


and I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.





Joining Tamar for
The Good. The Random. The Fun.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Beautiful shots to go with the beautiful words.
    Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so so so needed this!!
    I will have to watch the Pats pre-game, they're giving a moment of silence for Ezra. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! Love the pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful adrienne!! you sure do have an amazing gift for writing what i am feeling!!!

    the images are perfect, really perfect. i missed the bird in the berry tree....did not see him at all until i went back to scan the images a second time!!!

    ReplyDelete