Friday, December 11, 2015

Six Word Fridays ~ Hope

{Apple Store reflection in Gucci's Window}
Boston, MA


Some say it's a baby that
brings hope this time of year.
Others usher in hope each evening,
lighting their candles one by one.
And can't forget those who hope
to hear hooves on their roof.

For me, I think it's safe
to say that whether we exchange
gifts or not...whether we've asked
for hard drives or hand bags...
we're all really hoping and praying
for one thing this holiday season.

I can give some to you.
And you'll give some to me.
This one gift ~ the gift of
human kindness ~ can be offered in
our homes, our neighborhoods, our workplace...
Yes, it's the one gift I
hope everyone will give. Freely. Generously.
From one and all, to one
and all. Until this gift of
kindness reaches all around the world.




My Memory Art six word fridays
Join in the fun! Share your
story ~ just six words per line.
I'm also linking to Weekend Reflections


12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous image - such a great combination of two major brands on opposite ends of the gift giving category spectrum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful golden light reflections. I would prefer human kindness over Apple and Gucci any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sentiments, as always, Adrienne. Kindness is worth more than all material goods combined certainly. Thank you for all your kindnesses, I'm so grateful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the reflection Adrienne but j'adore the words !

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could all use a lot more kindness this time of year. It is too easy to get all caught up in the franticness of things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely six words you've written. The kindness is more prevalent at this time of year it seems, but I agree, it would be nice if we had more of it all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool reflection. Hope and faith - necessary and vital. Kindness and compassion - gifts we can give freely.

    ReplyDelete