Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Me, Barbra & Yellow Roses


When I was a child, my mom took me to see Funny Girl.
We dressed up, drove into the city, and went to a fancy theatre.
Even bought a program!
I spent years listening to Barbra Streisand sing ~
her songs orchestrated my childhood.

And

 I love yellow roses ~ they're my favorite flowers.
It wasn't until I was watching Funny Girl {nearly thirty years later}
with my daughter
that I realized where my love of yellow roses originated ~
in that movie...
on that train platform, as Barbra sang
"Don't Rain on My Parade"!

I also

Love sunflowers!
Near the top of my {not written anywhere} bucket list
is my hope to visit one of those huge
sunflower fields that stretch out for miles.
Until then, any pretty garden full of
yellow flowers brings a smile to my face.

8 comments:

  1. Love your "yellow" post today! Hope you get to one day visit your huge sunflower field!
    (By the way, my son's dad grows sunflowers in his yard. This year he has a bronze colored sunflower. It's gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live where we have big sunflower fields - wish I could capture one for you. They are a sight worth seeing!
    - stopping in from MK's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yellow roses, too, because my daddy loved them. He was from Texas and would often sing or whistle "The Yellow Rose of Texas"

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sigh* "The Way We Were." Love that movie! Yellow roses were in my wedding bouquet. Lovely post. :) Visiting from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful! I love yellow flowers too, but can tell this holds such a special place in your heart. Great post! :)

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just gorgeous, you make magic on your pages.

    beautiful memory with mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful flower they are! My husband loves yellow roses too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny, yellow roses and sunflowers have always been my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete