Sunday, October 9, 2011

Full House


"The ideal of happiness has always taken material form
in the house.
Whether cottage or castle."
Simone de Beauvoir

I've got a full house this weekend ~ it's the Sunday before the BIG DAY and we're busy, busy, busy.
My son's here for the weekend...pitching in and keeping us laughing.
My husband's taken over cooking and is getting the house ready for out of town guests.
The programs are being folded, seating tags are stamped and 'to do' lists are getting shorter.

The football game is on (Go Pats!) and it feels really good to have everyone home.
We'll cook out tonight.
And are planning to watch Father of the Bride ... cause we're just that sentimental!
It's a good day in this cottage!

7 comments:

  1. What an exciting week for you and your family!
    I hope you are able to enjoy every moment of it.

    Blessings,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favorite movies and perfect for today!! enjoy every second, you will blink your eyes and it will be over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a perfect day! Soooooo excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful time in your life right now! I'm sure you are breathing in each and every moment. If you're not....stop right now and do that! :) I know you have a million things to do but post whenever you can..it's so much fun to experience this with you!
    Sooooooooo glad I came back to Blogworld in time for the wedding. Enjoy Father of the Bride...what a perfect choice~!
    Blessings this week...over and over....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! I love that you are watching Father of the Bride...that is too cute! I can't wait to hear all about your daughter's big day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I know this is going to be a busy, emotional week for you! Can't wait to read all about the wedding and see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful days these will be...I wish you and your family happiness always.

    ReplyDelete