Monday, February 13, 2012

my baby turns 22 today


this is one of my favorite pictures of my boy
takes me back to France
{where he was born, and spent nine of his years}
takes me back to cuddles
and giggles
and days of batman, star wars, legos, pooh and peter pan.

as wonderful as all that was
{i mean, look at all that sweetness}
i wouldn't trade today for yesterday

celebrating 22 years with him today ~
celebrating the life he's building as a young man
and the true, loyal friend he is
to me and to so many people...
i love our long talks
the cards he makes
and the way he makes us laugh


i do love him to pieces
happy birthday 'baby' boy




and
 then, she {snapped}

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this shot, Adrienne! Happy Birthday to your son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what sweet memories! And reading Batman and Star Wars hit home with me.
    Wishing your son a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your "little" boy. And I say that because no matter how old they get...they will always be your little boy in you heart and mind's eye. I know..my little boy is 26.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... Happy Birthday and what a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute photo...and happy birthday to your son! it's a great day for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your baby boy. Congratulations to you mama. I just adore the photo- great :) I wish him a life filled with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday to your son! Is that a pain au chocolate I see there?

    ReplyDelete