Sunday, April 22, 2012

Change


I remember changing my barbie doll's clothes.
All the time.
So many outfits - occasions to be invented.
Then I grew up a little and changed my own clothes.
All the time.
School outfits, dance outfits, tennis outfits.
Every day or fancy.
And costumes. I loved changing into costumes.

High school became college.
And I changed my major.
At least twice.
And I changed my career choice.
Only once.
But it was a radical change!

Then there was a name change.
And lots of diapers to change.

And before I knew it, I was changing Barbie's clothes again.

As time flew by, I watched my children change.
The doll dressing little girl is now a wife.
The lego building little boy will soon be a college grad.
Whew!

Funny thing is...
Now,
after all this time,
and all these many changes,
I'm told that I'm going through
"THE change".
I'd laugh - but, as you might have guessed, I'm not in the mood!


Linking up with:


and
 then, she {snapped}








21 comments:

  1. haha! I love this! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of Barbie dolls coming full circle. Do they make Hot Flash Barbie yet?? =>

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dressed your Barbies? At out house, Barbie is alway naked and bent over a table in a very disturbing way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny. Very poignant. I love that you mixed the two so well. I was a Barbie doll freak when I was little - Hot Flash Barbie? That's some reality I'd like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh change, it's a beautiful thing!! now turn down the god damn heat before i die!!

    haha...i hope i can say that.

    this was beautifully written!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the big smile on this soggy spring day :) Happy to be hear reading your words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! Boy what do "they" know about change eh? Loved this. It made me chuckle. Thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. From tiny changes to big, big ones. Just like Barbie, so very many costumes that we wear.

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved following your changes through time. May THE change go easy on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks - it was nice to read a lighter "changes" post. And what an example of the true circular nature of our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made me laugh out loud, Adrienne! Thank you for that. :) You may not be in the mood, but YOU'VE GOT THIS change. You have lived, learned, changed, and kicked life's butt.

    This big change will do little to change what is already beautiful about your soul.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh adrienne this gave me a big laugh, a big much needed laugh! not sure i'm ready to face that change ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I was changing Barbie doll's outfits all the time, too. I love the way you put it, it made me smile.:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you come full circle - reminds me that the more things change, the more they remain the same. Our problems are the same of those who came before us and those who will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the rhythm in these stanzas and how it circled back to the beginning. Liked the light-hearted post on such a dense and complicated subject.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hot Flash Barbie? LOL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how many changes. Oh how the years fly by. This was sweet. And cute. And lovely. And, well, funny! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh, the cycle of life changes. This is put in such a lovely way. Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this one was fun! I loved the change of each stage...and the going back to barbie clothes...
    May your hot flashes be few....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, you made ME laugh! And believe me I am not laughing AT you , I am laughing with you.....eventually!

    ReplyDelete