Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Choosing Words



It's quiet, and I sit alone.
Alone with photos and paper and tape. 
With cutters and stickers and pens.
With possibility.
So many possible combinations!
If I use all my rain photos, I have what I need for two pages. 

There's no noise here. 
No brain noise. It's just the photos, and the thoughts of the walks in the rain. And color.
As I lay out the photos, and attach them, they soothe me.
Do the pearl embellishments remind me of rain drops? I think so. I'll add them. Yes. 

As I choose the words for the title, I think about how odd this winter has been.
So warm. 
I was lucky to have warmer weather for walking this winter. And not too much rain...just enough for a few photos. Look at the rain drops on the leaves and the grass....nice to be focused on something so simple.
Title...title...hmmm.
I think "one" rainy winter sounds good. Like I'm about to tell a story. And it's just this one winter that was rainy. Love these letter stickers. Great color. Simple font...will add some pearly dots. Pretty.

Over here maybe a quote. 
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Kinda corny, but I like it. True enough...not that I dance! 
And now ... to write something. 
Adding my thoughts and my hand writing isn't always easy ~ but I want to include both. I love hand writing.  
I'll just write a bit about walking in the warmer weather. Oh, pretty new pen color. Matches perfectly!
I hold up one page at a time.
And both of them together. 
Accomplished. Finished. Such a great feeling.






12 comments:

  1. well...i like the corny quote, for me it's perfect. my storm will not be passing, but that's o.k.

    your right about the layout, the possibilites are endless. i like your soft, beautiful choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance in the rain. Yes, that's what life is all about, right? Happy to have found my way here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." I love it too :) Nice post, Adrienne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think some of the corniest quotes are the best and this is no exception. Nice to meet you - visiting from momalom.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Cathy -- sometimes, the corny quotes are just what we need to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putting words and picturs together in such a tangible way--through scrap booking--is so satisfying. I don't have the time to do it, and maybe not the patience, but I admire thkse that spend their hours charting memory and creating art.

    Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely memory you've created!

    Truly a work of heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrapbooking is an art that I can't seem to grasp. I could spend hours hovering over a page, changing the layout, adding something, frowning, changing it all again. But the words? They are unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Handwriting is such a lost art these days, isn't it? I was shocked to learn they don't even teach cursive at my daughter's school anymore.

    And scrapbooking? It's something I enjoy but rarely make time for. Why is that, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that feeling of matching and creating...I used to scrapbook ow I write, there aren't enough hours for both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words perfectly compliment your photos...and vice versa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the finished product and the quote, no matter how corny some might think it is. Lots of rain dancing going on around here these days even though it's -11 and snowing :)

    ReplyDelete