Thursday, January 31, 2013

Six Words Friday: Fine






Floating atop the frigid, black water,
chunks of ice jangled, one against
the other. As the wind whooshed,
I wondered....was I was hearing
the echoes from hundreds of dancing
wind chimes? Or the rattling of
thousands of tiny ice cubes gently
kissing the side of fine crystal
glasses? Standing in shadows, at the
water's edge, this sound was magical.
Mesmerizing. I was in the glass,
one of the cubes. Enveloped. Blanketed.
...my soul soothed by winter's song.


My Memory Art
Please join us here ~ link up!
FINE is our word this week.
And head over here to see
some more beautiful winter nature photography!


17 comments:

  1. Great photos, but it sure looks cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne,
    What wonderful pictures! The ice looks like shards of crystal or glass. I love the imagery and descriptiveness in your words.

    Blessings,
    Kina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures and your words make me want to love winter so much - I just still don't like the cold. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have really been something special to experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful imagery, and I love the branches against the setting sun. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Looks like my kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots! So gloomy yet so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. making winter, cold and ice, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful. Love the view through the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An ice song just for you! I like the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the first picture of the icy water is my favorite of your beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots! I can feel the bitter chill in the air in these photos!

    Thanks for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge. I hope you'll be back to share more for next week's theme: White/Minimalism

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I miss the sounds of nature and some days, like today, feel more trapped by living in the suburbs than enthralled with the convenience of it

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! I miss the sounds of nature and some days, like today, feel more trapped by living in the suburbs than enthralled with the convenience of it

    ReplyDelete