Wednesday, August 28, 2013

This...


The other day, this photo popped up in my Facebook feed.
And it made my heart sing!!

These sweet twin girls, snuggled in a big ol' chair, were looking at a scrapbook that tells their mama's childhood story. There they are....her babies looking at her baby pictures! I can just imagine all the different stories they'll learn about their mom as she talks to them about each photo...over the years they'll understand more about who they are and where they come from as she shares pieces of her history with them.

It's for moments like these that I do what I do. I believe in printing the photos. And sorting the photos. And putting them together with {at least a few} words to tell our stories. We've read it and heard it - we all really do have stories to tell! It's the happiest of all things for me...and such an honor...to be a part of helping people tell their stories. I know we won't all do it 'scrapbook' style - but I hope those sweet twins inspire us all to keep recording the big milestones, and some of the little  moments ... for this generation, and the generations to come!


"A mother's happiness is like a beacon,
lighting up the future...
but reflected also on the past
in the guise of fond memories."
Honore de Balzac



Joining Kim for

5 comments:

  1. I'm just now coming back to my computer...I really did take a break! And now I have literally thousands (!!) of photos to edit...and I cannot wait to choose some to put in my very awesome album you made for me. Thank you again sweet Adrienne!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing "little" here...this is just down right amazing!!

    and you my dear friend are such a big part in helping people memoralize their memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a gift! This is why we do what we do! I can't wait to fill my gorgeous book with family memories. Such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete