Saturday, August 22, 2015

Give Thanks


Wandering along the shores of a crystal clear mountain lake,
my camera and I discovered some magical, winged creatures.


Their wings remind me of stained glass.
And I could wander in search of their beauty for hours.


You see,
when I'm alone and find the mystical, winged beauties,
I take a deep breath.
I rest.
Still and present.
There is only that moment.


And there is gratitude.
For the moment.
For the place.
For cool, clear water.
And driftwood.
And sunshine.
For blue skies and tall pines.
For family, and summer time, and fresh air and dragonflies.


"To give thanks in solitude is enough.
Thanksgiving has wings
and goes where it must go.
Your prayer knows much more about it than you do."
Victor Hugo



Linking up with
Saturday Critters

8 comments:

  1. These are brilliant images of the Dragonflies. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing shots! It's as if it was modeling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Adrienne, Wow these are just amazing captures of the dragonflies. Beautiful post and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots, that first one is particularly spectacular.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. dragonfly jackpot...i have not seen one this year!! i enjoyed your script!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Macro - very nicely done! These guys are very fast and I am amazed that you could capture them so well!
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking images! I can't believe you were able to capture so many! I'm lucky to see one that's still.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful shots! They move so quickly!

    ReplyDelete