Monday, January 6, 2014

Look What I Made {1}

As has been sung...
"the weather outside is frightful!"
Which means that inside, we're wanting warm, comforting food.
And...
my husband LOVES brussel sprouts!
Now, I'm going to confess to you all that in almost 30 years, I have never fixed sprouts for him.
I know. Shameful.
So, when I came across THIS RECIPE on one of my favorite blogs
I knew I had to give it a try!

I bought the sprouts...really kinda cute, don't ya think!?!

I quartered them and prepped them.

And added all the other goodies!
{I used Feta cheese, instead of blue...cause I'm not a blue cheese gal}

The dish was a great treat on New Years Day.
I discovered who in the family likes sprouts (other than my husband, that is)
and who likes cranberries, walnuts and feta.
It was so funny - some liked the add ins, and some liked the sprouts.
Everyone loved the flavor.
And, I think that I might have liked the dish most of all!



Excited to be joining Tamar
and
Linking up with
Macro Monday

12 comments:

  1. That last photo looks like something out of a glossy magazine. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never eaten brussel sprouts! (But I like cabbage: are they similar?)
    I'd never get hubby to touch 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never eaten brussel sprouts! (But I like cabbage: are they similar?)
    I'd never get hubby to touch 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some brussel sprouts!! Roasted, sautéed, you make em, I'll eat em!

    Thank you for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your thoughts! I love brussels and your dish looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do look great! I'm always a little scared to make them for fear of family rebellion. I'm not sure I have ever had a well prepared sprout, myself...but I know that when made well, they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhhh, that looks so yummy (and pretty)!!

    never tasted them, never ate them till about 2 years ago, they were awesome!! who knew?? not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally LOVE brussel sprouts. Included them in Thanksgiving this year...which was a first....and they were also the first to be GONE! (btw, you take amaaaaazing food photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWSER, this looks so good!!! Your photos are making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brussel sprouts have never crossed my lips but your photo makes them look so good I could really be tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks delicious! I've never prepared brussels sprouts either. Someday.

    ReplyDelete